2. The Liquid Crystal Display (LCD) may get damaged in case pressure is applied on the surface. While keeping the phone in the pocket or while seated, always check that it is not in contact with any sharp/hard object. It's advisable to use pouches or mobile phone covers to avoid LCD damage.
3. Modern mobile phones are designed to squeeze in loads of features in a compact size. The Printed Circuit Boards (PCBs) are multi-layered and are mounted with surface-mounted devices. The contact of such Integrated Circuits and components on PCB are in microns (µm) (10^ - 6 meters) and a small impact / shock / jerk may displace the components or break the tracks. The manufacturer does not give any warranty for such cases. Mobile phone pouches or covers are of great help in avoiding such damages.
4. The plastic cosmetic parts lose their glare/color due to heavy exposure to sun light. To avoid direct sun exposure, one must prevent such exposure or use mobile covers to protect them.
5. Every mobile handset has an IMEI number (International Mobile Equipment Identity), which is a unique number and one can access this number by pressing *#06#. The mobile warranty is attached to the IMEI number, and it's also useful in the event of theft.
6. The Emergency Number worldwide for Mobile is 112. If you are out of coverage area, dial 112 and the mobile will search any existing network. This number 112 can be dialed even while the keypad is locked.
7. If you lock your keys in the car and the spare keys are at home, call someone on your cell phone. Hold your cell phone about a foot from your car door and have the other person at your home press the unlock button, holding it near the phone on their end. Your car will unlock.
8. When your mobile phone is not used for a long duration, remove the battery and keep it separately.
9. Electronic items have deteriorative effect if contaminated with dust. The use of the pouches or mobile phone covers shall be useful to keep your mobile phone free from dust.
10. While removing the battery, it's advisable to first switch the handset off.
11. It's always advisable to install antivirus software on your supported mobile phone.
12. Make the best use of the user manual.
13. Always use accessories recommended by the manufacturer.
14. Finger nails or sharp objects may damage the keypad. Use fingers while pressing the keys – Especially for girls.
15. Bluetooth should be turned on only when it is required. Keeping Bluetooth on unnecessarily makes your phone open to malicious viruses and causes rapid drainage of battery.
16. To enhance the life of your charger, it should be unwound and disentangled.
Tips to increase Battery Life:
1) When your phone is out of network coverage, switch off the handset or else the battery may get drained because the lower is the signal strength, the more battery a mobile consume in order to catch it.
2) Reduce the brightness to minimum.
3) Avoid using the vibrator when it is not required. E.g. when you are at home, the vibrator is not required, the ring is enough.
4) Keep Key Sound off. For Sony Ericsson phones: Menu>Settings>Sounds & Alerts>Key Sound SILENT.
5) Avoid charging the phone through USB. Use USB only for data transfer i.e. don't keep the phone connected to the computer for long hours.
6) Avoid setting animated themes. Try to set a theme which just displays some still picture or pattern. A moving picture theme requires more battery power.
7) Don't fully discharge your battery before recharging. Drain it once after around 30 recharge cycles, but not frequently.
8) Protect your phone from intense heat. Don't leave it in a car or in direct exposure of sunlight or extreme temperatures. Heat severly affects the Lithium batteries reducing its life by upto 40%.
9) While listening to music, using earphones requires LESS battery consumption than the speakers.
10) Remember to EXIT Java games and applications and not MINIMIZE them when done.
11) Avoid fiddling around with the keypad unnecessarily, it keeps the screen lit and hence consumes battery power.
12) If the battery is not in use for a long period of time, remove and keep it separate in a cool & dry place (even fridge will work). Before storing the battery, keep the charge level at around 40%, not full & not empty.